Thursday, June 07, 2007

Kicking up a fuss

Sometimes I really do hate the flu. I don't mind being sick - it is a natural part of life - but I seem to get the worst post-viral cough. That means you can hear me coughing a mile away, with me bringing up sputum like a geyser. Not the most pleasant of sounds or sights. Hopefully it will pass soon.

In two days time, I will be having exams followed by another exam a week later. Am I scared? Of course I am. I just think it is a natural reaction to stress. It is a life threatening situation in some sense. Everybody gets scared of exams, even if it doesn't help. But am I kicking up a fuss? No. I'm not that sort of person. I'm not the person who shows it, being histrionic and saying every fifteen seconds, "I am SO scared!" I hate people who do that. It serves no purpose what so ever. And who does this? You probably guessed, Dora. Even though I tell her not to do it to me, she still comes up to me and says, "I'm so stressed about this exam." Honestly at times I wish I never met Dora.

I also don't like people who talk about the exam afterwards. I don't mind the analysis, saying what mistakes we made and where we could have done better. But I hate the people who says they won't talk about the exam and then still do. I hate the people who keep worrying about the exam, despite the fact that there is nothing you can do to change the result.

And yet I know I will see this situation occur on Saturday, with all the girls going into a histrionic fit saying, "I am SO stressed!" I'm probably more stressed about that situation than the exam.

No comments: