Monday, May 14, 2007

Brain drain

At times (actually most of the time) I feel incredibly stupid. Since I'm repeating most of my final year, I should know most of the information required to pass. However whenever I am asked a question or there is a problem in front of me, there is an air of silence since I don't know the answer.

People say that depression will do this to you, that your memory and concentration will go. But I don't want to blame my depression for this. I know I went six months without studying and out of the game of medicine but that is not an excuse either.

All this comes after I had been quite good at secondary school. In retrospect might school performance may also be due to my diligence and hard work. Nowadays it requires great motivation to start a simple chore.

I wish I can grow out of this phase once and for all.

No comments: