Thursday, April 05, 2007

Care and share

Not feeling great recently. The recent cold weather has given me a cold and a cough. Two thousand years of medicine and we still don't have a cure for the common cold! Have to make do with lots of hot ginger Coca-Cola (yes, you read that right).

I'm going to continue to rant about online community websites. There are good aspects about them - you can get to keep in touch with friends you have lost contact over the years. But there are so-called "friends" you don't want to get in contact with. You finally realize over the years that you have nothing in common, the only fact you have is that you went to school with them over ten years ago. If they didn't want to keep in contact with you, there must be a logical explanation and sometimes that reason is harsh.

For me, it probably is just the need to have friends, since I seem to have so few. I'm living in the past, where people regular contacted me. But most people live in the present, with friends they see every day and talk to, not to friends they had ten years ago.

If they were your true friends, you wouldn't need these websites to keep in touch. You would already have their contact details and would be exchange emails or phone calls regularly.

Against I'm just living in the past.

No comments: