Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Distrust

My plans to revise some orthopaedics during my two week break are sinking faster than the Titanic. I haven't been doing much studying, even though I have been provided very good pointers by a very close friend. All I have been doing is sorting out my laptop files (I'm very obsessive-compulsive when it comes to tidiness) and watching episodes of "Have I Got News For You", "8 Out of 10 Cats" and "Mock the Week". I love these kind of comedy panel shows and I have started to give up on my other shows, including "Spooks", "Doctor Who" and "House".

********

I hate a lot of things in life but one thing I cannot stand is distrust. Human beings have evolved, or probably devolved depending how you view the status, to a level when every sincere act of kindness has to be questioned, as though the person receiving the gift might have to give something in return. Why can we just not accept someone being kind just for the sake of it?

Naturally there has been something happening in my life that has caused me to be outraged. I have been placing wall posts on Facebook regarding my female friends. Some have taken them graciously. Others have not - one has deleted my wall post and not contacted me since. I generally thought women like to be complemented on their appearance but that doesn't seem to be apparently so. I'm not trying to hit on them or get laid and neither is it me being sarcastic - I genuinely think they are beautiful/sexy/hot/attractive. So why are my motives being questioned? Have we gotten to the stage where we cannot take a compliment anymore without having to give something in returns?

This is why I hate politics - you have to give something to achieve something and that cannot always work.

No comments: