Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion

I love getting comments on my blog, be it only to show that somebody has actually read my blog. I received one comment on my entry "More about romance and relationships", where I was disparaging towards women. For those who haven't read it, here is is in full:
hmmm just a passerby

your observations are pretty 'interesting'
maybe you never managed to score because you're the one who is unattractive... and yet speaking so critical about some women... eg saying some being fat, bitches...
but then again, there's freedom of speech

what a loser
What I would like to say about the reader's comment is true. I know I'm unattractive. I look at myself in the mirror every day and wonder if I'm conceived from the sperm of Kim Jong-Il. I'm 10 kg overweight with no time to exercise or bring my weight down. I know I'm not the perfect male specimen.

Yet that was not the point of my entry. I wasn't criticising women on their looks or why they don't score with. What I was criticising was the way society views women's role during the courting period and sexual intercourse. To wrap it all up, the reader wrote "what a loser" like he knew intimately and had the authority to make that judgement. I thought he/she could have been more considerate and put his/her thoughts to me more tactfully.

There's a time for being blunt and being considerate; that is what makes a person a human being and not a robot.

No comments: