Sunday, July 08, 2007

Captain's Log, Stardate 415687.2

I'm sick and tired of people mocking my accent, including close friends. I have been regarded by people to have a 'perfect British accent', similar to the newsreaders on BBC World, even at a British boarding school. Lately is has become a problem in bedside teaching. Twice I have pronounced 'eczema' the correct way, as in 'ecks-ma'. However people in Hong Kong with their crummy English pronounce 'eczema' as 'ex-see-ma'. So with their crummy hearing as well they think I am saying 'asthma'. Heck they even say that wrong, pronouncing 'asthma' as 'ass-see-ma' instead of 'ass-ma'. At times I really do hate ignorant people.

********

The 300 square foot flat I'm currently staying in with my mum has lately become crowded. Since my dad is away on conference, that means are rather large two golden retrievers will be living with us for about a week and half. They are getting use to the new environment but it has been quite a culture shock for them. They have been raised in the countryside and suddenly going to the city with its bright lights and traffic has them startled. It was more a problem for Nala, the younger female, since she will only pee on grass. With the lack of vegetation in Kennedy Town, it has lead to worries of damp floors at our flat. Hopefully that situation won't happen.

********

Live Earth has come and gone. There have been criticisms and positive responses but hopefully people should come away with the correct message. My brother got to go - lucky bastard.

********

I have spotted another Starbucks in a hospital. This time it is at Princess Margaret Hospital in Mei Foo. This is just the beginning. Soon Starbuck will completely rule the earth. You have been warned.

********

I constantly fall asleep in class - why is that? Even if I get a good night's sleep, I will doze off. My psychiatrist tell me it is due to lack of concentration plus I consider sleep as a way to escape from the harsh realities of the world. It still doesn't help me. I've tried many things such as coffee and getting sleep beforehand but sometime it works and sometime it doesn't. Hopefully it won't affect me much.

No comments: