Friday, February 01, 2008

Anniversaries

I'm glad yesterday, 31st January, passed without incident. So what is so special about that day? It was (I'm rather glad I didn't have to write 'It is') my 27th birthday.

I'm not into celebrating birthdays since I was in my teens. I just find the day as trivial as Valentine's Day, Fathers' Day, Mothers' Day, etc. So what if you are a year older? What is significant about a year - all it is a trip around the sun. Isn't being a year suppose to depress most people, since you are closer to death.

I'm rather glad nobody mentioned the day to me. I would have forgotten about my birthday if I go onto Facebook, who had a nice friendly automated notice on its homepage. Even my mum and dad didn't mention anything about the day to me - either they forgot or intentionally didn't mean to say anything.

1 comment:

Belema said...

Happy Birthday ...I celebrate ur life ...I wish u long life and prosperity !!!
:)